Mediterranean salad with grilled chicken fillets
- Mediterranean salad with grilled chicken fillets
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 red onion, julienned
- 2 yellow sweet peppers (you have them in many supermarkets such as Lild, Carrefour etc)
- 350 g romaine lettuce (you can also use packaged lettuce mix)
- 6 crushed walnuts
- One tablespoon lemon zest
- Half a teaspoon dried oregano
- *Optional, a handful of raisins if you like the bittersweet contrast.
For the salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- The juice of half a lemon
- One tablespoon light mayonnaise
- Half a teaspoon of chopped parsley
- Salt and white pepper
- In a bowl mix a spoonful of virgin oil, the grated lemon rind and a little oregano. Put the breasts on a plate and sprinkle what we have just mixed, cover with plastic film and reserve in a few minutes will use.
- Wash and drain the lettuce well, to avoid water remains, do the same operation with the rest of vegetables. Cut the lettuce into pieces and put it in a dish. Next we cut the tomatoes in slices, and the yellow peppers in small pieces.
- Prepare a griddle-type frying pan with half a teaspoon of oil, barely anything. Roast our breasts according to thickness if they are fine about 3 minutes on each side, if they are slightly thicker 4.5 minutes. When they are golden brown, take them out of the frying pan, let them rest a little and cut them into strips.
- Place on the lettuce the tomato and the peppers that we had cut and in the center the cut pieces of breast, if you like the bittersweet flavors you can add some raisins.
- We create the dressing in a minute, you need a glass jar with a lid that you have in the kitchen, like chickpeas. Add all the ingredients except salt and pepper. Close the jar and shake several times, add a little salt and pepper to the salad and then the dressing. Stir to impregnate the chicken and serve.